Victoria is a newly owned and loved 2016 Land Rover Discovery who had a rough past life working daily in industrial estates, and it showed. Years have led to an extremely contaminated exterior which required multiple, thorough rounds of iron decontamination to produce perfectly clean and smooth paintwork.
Machine polishing added extra gloss and a quality paint sealant will help keep it glowing.
- Pressure wash agitation
- Decontaminate and scrub tyres & wheels
- General clean
- Iron removal
- Adhesive & tar removal
- TGA soak
- Embedded contaminant removal - clay
- Correct bonnet
- Compound with Flex XCE 8 125 with LC microfiber cutting pad & Sonax EX 0406
- Polish with Flex XCE 8 125 with LC orange polishing pad & 3D ACA 520
- Compound with Shine Mate EX603, Shine Mate Blue pad, Sonax 0604
- Polish with Shine Mate EX603, Shine Mate Red pad, 3D ACA 520
- Paint prep with Shine Supply Throw Back
- Paintwork protection - NV Jet SiO2 spray sealant
- Tyres - NV Onyx satin tyre gel
- Engine bay plastics & underguards - Carpro Pearl 1:1
Removing dirt and grime safely before contact washing is an important part of maintaining a scratch-free exterior. Every exterior restoration at The Lab includes a pre-rinse and pre-soak prior to making any contact with the paintwork.
Tyres, an often forgotten element of detailing, require their own special attention to bring them back to new after years of heat stress, grime and layers of tyre shine.
Embedded Iron Decontamination
Industrial fallout, rail dust, iron contamination. All are names for iron particles which embed themselves into the paintwork requiring specific processes to remove them safely.